China Insert Mold Factory
Maximize Your Savings with a Trusted Insert Injection Mould Manufacturer
China Insert Mold Supplier
Are you in need of a reliable insert injection mold supplier in China? Stebro Mold is a full service injection mold company in China.
Our services include:
- 2D & 3D product design and optimization
- The material selection
- Rapid prototyping services
- Cost-effective insert mould solution
- Mold Flow Analysis to optimize the mold design
- In-house Insert mold manufacturing, tooling transfer, mold change, and maintenance
- In-House insert mold trial
- Insert injection molding pre-production runs
- High-quality insert molded parts mass production
At Stebro Mold, we help you to optimize filling, venting, cooling, and ejection to improve the part appearance and cycle time. You can trust that your molds will be done right, the first time, on budget, and on schedule.
Our Promise To You
Optimized Cycle Times
Reliable Part Production
Why Stebro Mold for Insert Mold Supplier
What is Insert Injection mold?
An insert mold is a unique type of mold used in the plastic injection molding process. It incorporates pre-made components, called inserts, which are usually made of metal, stainless steel or other materials.
During the insert molding processes, these inserts such as threaded inserts are combined with the final plastic part. The insert mold holds and positions the inserts within the mold cavity. As the molten plastic flows around the insert, it bonds with it while solidifying.
This creates a final product with better qualities, like stronger durability, enhanced function, or extra features that plastic alone cannot provide.
Insert Mold Application Examples
By integrating different materials within a single component. Insert injection molding offers numerous advantages, including enhanced part strength, improved functionality, and reduced assembly time. It is widely used in various industries, such as automotive, electronics, aerospace, medical, and consumer products.
Automotive Industry: Electrical connectors, Sensor housings, Bushings and bearings, Knobs and controls
Electronics Industry: Circuit board enclosures, Cable connectors, Switches and buttons
Medical Industry: Surgical instruments, Drug delivery devices, Diagnostic equipment
Aerospace Industry: Fasteners and brackets, Electronic enclosures, Interior components
Consumer Products Industry: Power tools, Kitchen appliances, Personal electronics
Insert Mold Design Guidelines
In this guide, we will discuss material selection, insert positioning, gate and runner design, venting, ejection, and cooling systems. It will help you to optimize your mold design for maximum efficiency, performance, and cost-effectiveness.
1, Select appropriate materials for both the plastic and the inserts
- Choose a molding material compatible with the insert material to ensure proper bonding and prevent issues such as peeling or warping.
- Consider the application requirements, including mechanical strength, temperature resistance, and chemical resistance when selecting materials.
- For metal inserts, opt for materials with high thermal conductivity to minimize the risk of sink marks or voids in the plastic.
2, Design the mold to securely hold and position the inserts:
- Incorporate features such as ribs, bosses, or undercuts to hold the inserts in place during the molding process.
- Ensure that the insert positioning does not impede the flow of plastic or cause uneven cooling, which could lead to part defects or deformation.
- Consider using automated insert placement methods for higher efficiency and accuracy.
3, Optimize the gate and runner system to ensure proper plastic flow and filling:
- Choose a gate location that promotes even filling and minimizes the risk of air entrapment or flow-induced stresses.
- Use appropriately sized gates and runners to balance flow and pressure, ensuring proper packing and minimizing material waste.
- Consider using hot runner systems for improved efficiency and reduced material waste in high-volume production scenarios.
4, Design a robust venting and ejection system to prevent defects and ensure easy part removal:
- Incorporate vents in the mold to allow air and gases to escape, preventing short shots, burn marks, or other defects.
- Design an ejection system that ensures smooth part removal without damaging the plastic or dislodging the inserts.
- Evaluate the use of ejector pins, sleeves, or stripper plates based on the part geometry and complexity.
5, Design an effective mold cooling system to control part quality and cycle times:
- Use cooling channels strategically placed around the mold to ensure even cooling and minimize part warpage or shrinkage.
- Ensure the cooling system does not interfere with the positioning or retention of the inserts.
- Optimize the cooling system layout to minimize cycle times and maximize productivity.
Following these insert molding design guide will help you create high-quality components using the insert injection molding process.
Insert Mold Manufacturing Process
- Part Design Review and Optimize such as wall thickness, draft angel
- Check the combination between the plastic and inserted component
- Mold design for injection, cooling, ejection, and venting system
- Moldflow to optimize the mold design
- BOM with tooling steel and mold component
- Mold Manufacturing process, cooling line manufacturing, CNC rough manufacturing, heat treatment, CNC fine manufacturing, wire cut, EDM, fitting the mold, polish, and mold assembly
- Insert Mold Trial and Sample Checking
- Mold adjustment or mold change after T1
- Do the surface requirement according to the customer’s requirement
- Final Mold Test and Insert injection moulding Pre-production running
- Packing the mold for delivery or mass production
Post related to Insert Mold
How to select the right injection molding machine
Table of Contents Are you planning to buy an injection molding machine? This guide will walk you through the core considerations in injection molding machine
SPI Injection Mold Surface Finishes
Table of Contents SPI Injection Mold Surface Finishes SPI injection mold surface finishes is a widely recognized classification system used in the plastics industry to
injection molding surface finish
Table of Contents Surface finishes play a crucial role in the plastic injection molding process, impacting the appearance, functionality, and overall quality of the final
Ultimate Guide To Injection Mold Trial
Table of Contents Injection Mold Trial Injection mold manufacturers have to do the injection mold trial to test a new mold to make sure it
How To Find A Good Plastic Injection Molding Company In China?
Table of Contents Are you looking for a reliable and high-quality plastic injection molding company in China? There are lots of injection moulding companies in