Two Shot Injection Molding Supplier In China
Maximize Your Savings with a Trusted Two-Shot Injection Molding Partner
Two Shot Injection Molding Manufacturer
Seeking a professional, reliable supplier for Two shot injection molding? Stebro Mold, a leading provider in China, utilizes state-of-the-art Engel multi-shot injection molding machines to deliver high-quality 2K injection molded plastic components. When you choose to work with us, you enjoy the convenience of a single-source plastics provider, taking your idea all the way to the finished product.
Our services include:
- 2D & 3D product design and optimization
- The material selection
- Rapid prototyping services
- Cost-effective two shot mold solution
- Mold Flow Analysis to optimize the mold design
- In-house 2K mold manufacturing, tooling transfer, mold change, and maintenance
- 2K mold trial
- Pre-production runs and mass production
At Stebro Mold, your project’s success is our primary goal. We’re committed to providing you with two shot injection molding solutions that ensure your parts are crafted to perfection right from the start, within your budget, and delivered on time. Let us be your partner in achieving excellence in two shot injection molding.
Double Shot Injection Molding
Why Stebro Mold for 2K Injection Molding Supplier
Table of Contents
What is 2K Injection Molding?
2K Injection Molding, also known as “two-shot”, double shot, Multi-color, or double injection molding, is a process in which two different materials are molded together in a single production cycle. The 2K injection molding process involves a primary and a second injection unit, each of which injects a different material into the mold. The multi-materials are combined to form a single part with different physical or aesthetic properties.
Two-shot Molding Advantages
- Improve the touch feel
- Expanded design possibilities
- High precision, stable production quality and high efficiency
- Enhanced tactile and cosmetic product features
- Reduce assembly time and cost savings compared to 1K molding
Two-shot Molding Disadvantages
- The combination of 2 plastic materials must be good
- 2K mold and molding costs more but saves on assembly costs
2K Injection Molding Application
- Enhance cosmetics features, permanent graphics through the use of additional colored resins
- Soft-Touch enhancements, combining thermoplastics and silicone in one component, such as hand tools, writing instruments, and toothbrushes
Main considerations in designing 2K molding product
- Plastic material selection ensures that the two materials can be used together and bonded well.
- Check the part geometry, wall thickness, draft angle, and so on.
Key considerations in 2K Mold Design
- Shrinkage factor for both materials
- 2K molding machine specification
- Check part geometry, wall thickness, draft angle, and parting line
- Number of cavities in the mold
- Feeding systems, runner, and gate
- Cooling, Ejection, and venting system in the mold
2K Injection Molding Cost
2K plastic component cost=raw material cost + molding cost
There are some ways to lower the cost:
- Reduce the material cost
- Optimize the mold design to shorten the molding cycle
- Increase the cavity number in the mold.
- Working with a full-service 2K injection molding company
Two-Shot Molding Machine
- Horizontal 2K Molding Machine
- Vertical 2K Molding Machine
- Rotary 2K Molding Machine
- Shuttle 2K Molding Machine
- Multi-component 2K Molding Machine
2K injection Molding Material
In double-shot molding, two different materials are used to create a final product. The materials used can vary depending on the product’s requirements. Common materials used in 2K injection molding include:
Thermoplastics: PC+ABS, ABS, PA, and PC are some of the thermoplastics used in 2K injection molding.
Elastomers: Soft plastics such as TPE, TPV, and TPU are used in two-shot molding to provide elasticity and flexibility to the final product.
The choice of material depends on the desired properties of the final product, such as strength, flexibility, transparency, and heat resistance.